Job Seeker Home
(this posting is closed/inactive)
The Galloway School
Associate Director of Marketing and Communication
Atlanta, GA 30342 United States
This position oversees the integrated communications and marketing strategies in support of all functional areas of the school, with the ultimate goal of generating awareness and engagement among current, former and prospective parents, the neighborhood, region and across the globe: creating greater opportunities for greater engagement of current audiences (i.e. current parents, alumni and alumni parents, and donors); and using all available channels to clearly articulate Galloway's unique value proposition to all constituencies.
Education, training, experience:
Reasonable Accommodations Statement
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Reasonable Accommodations may be made to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Essential Functions Statement(s)
• Direct creative strategy and plan for on-time production of all marketing materials (i.e. brochures, postcards, flyers, etc.) and advertising for the school; includes ensuring brand integrity of graphic identity and developing brand messages to ensure organizational consistency. 20% of position time.
• Direct content and design changes with website vendor and webmaster; make minor to moderate improvements to website. 10% of position time.
• Build relationships with reporters and media, including story and event pitches, and media placement; manage media at events; serve as spokesperson and primary point person for media; work with faculty and staff to identify opportunities for positive media exposure; crisis communication. 15% of position time.
• Direct writing, design, editing and proofing process for bi-annual alumni magazine and all handbooks (i.e. UL student handbook, level curriculum guides, family directory, etc.), 20 % of position time.
• Manage timing and planning of internal communications, including proofing of weekly Gazette and various event programs; interface with Parents Association, Fine Arts Boosters, and Tartan Backers; crisis communications. 5% of position time.
• Direct content strategy for all digital marketing and social media, including e-marketing 5% of position time.
• Direct content strategy and production of videos and photography for several functional areas. 5% of position time.
• Create and execute annual and ad hoc signage plan, including working with print and install vendors of indoor and outdoor. 5% of position time.
• Participate in weekly meetings (department, cross-function, advancement team, etc.) 15% of position time.
• Innovative - Ability to look beyond the standard solutions.
• Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word.
• Communication, Written - Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely.
• Relationship Building - Ability to effectively build relationships with customers and co-workers.
• Consensus Building - Ability to bring about group solidarity to a
Terms & Conditions